• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

water damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlos1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois...why did my insurance company send the check to my mortage company.Yes they paid the insurance but they included insurance payment to my mortage.Shouldn`t I get this check..I made the claim my basement damaged Im paying mortage & ins. to

justalayman

Something doesn't make sense. You state the mortgagee is paying the insurance but you state later that you too are paying insurance.

Who is paying insurance?

and what did your insurance company say when you asked them why the check was sent to the mortgagee?

moburkes

Because that makes sure that the damage gets corrected. The whole reason why your mortgage company is on your policy is in case covered damage occurs. The mortgage company will sign over the check to you, or will piecemeal it out to you.

Why wouldn't you think they'd want to make sure the damage gets corrected? also, the check is usually only signed over to them in case of a large(r) loss.

FlyingRon

Usually, the checks are made out to both you and the lender. After you convince the lender the repairs have been made they'll endorse the check over to you.

justalayman

Usually, the checks are made out to both you and the lender. After you convince the lender the repairs have been made they'll endorse the check over to you.
or at least upon contracting with a company to repair the business, releasing at least part of it to be paid to the contractor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">