• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who covers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topcat7

What is the name of your state? ky

if a accident happens at my house involving a neighbors boy and my daughter and it is the neighbors fault why wouldnt my homeowners insurance cover it. my agent said that we would have to go through his insurance even though it was at my house

JETX

topcat7 said:
if a accident happens at my house involving a neighbors boy and my daughter and it is the neighbors fault why wouldnt my homeowners insurance cover it. my agent said that we would have to go through his insurance even though it was at my house
Depends largely on what happened, how it happened, etc. What did YOUR insurance carrier say when you asked them??

JETX

topcat7 said:
ky.-- they said that my neighbors has to, i was wanting mine because i have better coverage
If your insurance has already declined coverage... then you either pay yourself or allow the neighbors insurance to pay... and then they can pursue YOU for the amount they paid on the claim.

efflandt

Why do you expect your insurance company to pay for something that was not your liability, and therefore, not their liability? The liable party or their insurance should pay.

JETX is apparently a bit turned around and not paying attention (asking question already answered, and assuming you were liable).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">