• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is responsible for damage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suzedillon

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My granddaughter was playing at the next door neighbor's home with their kids and another child. They were playing with a baseball and the ball hit the garage door and left a dent in it. The father of these kids came over to talk with my granddaughter about the insident and since she was the one who threw the ball that hit the garage door wants us to file it against our homeowner's policy. Is the damage our responsibility or theirs?

suzedillon

My granddaughter is 8 years old and the kids were playing outside without adult supervision. The mother next door had come out and closed the garage door so they wouldn't hit the car in the garage. But did not say anything until after the accident happened.

moburkes

The person who caused the damage is responsible. How much is the damage? Is it even worth an HO claim? But, since the mom closed the door to stop them from hitting the car with the ball, she was aware that they were playing with the ball.

Me? I'd wait until they sued me. If you lose, then immediately pay the judgment. But, I wouldn't volunteer the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">