• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wind mitigation form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

windchime

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

In 2010 insurance companies required a wind mitigation for a lower insurance rate. In aug. 2011 I had one done to get the lower insurance. I was told at that time it was good for five years. I had to laugh at that because what they do is take pictures and measure the length of the nails in the roof along with how many straps are holding the trusses. So I asked why only five years, is someone going to go in my attic and change the nails and take off the straps? Anyway I am now shopping for new insurance and it is now a requirement to have a wind mitigation. So I show the agent my copy. Now I am being told my 2011 mitigation is no good because they changed the form in 2012. Five months after I paid for it. It clearly states on my copy it is good for 5 years as long as no material changes have been made to the structure. I have not made any changes.

I would like to file a complant against the companies that are refusing to accept my form. Who do I write to.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

In 2010 insurance companies required a wind mitigation for a lower insurance rate. In aug. 2011 I had one done to get the lower insurance. I was told at that time it was good for five years. I had to laugh at that because what they do is take pictures and measure the length of the nails in the roof along with how many straps are holding the trusses. So I asked why only five years, is someone going to go in my attic and change the nails and take off the straps? Anyway I am now shopping for new insurance and it is now a requirement to have a wind mitigation. So I show the agent my copy. Now I am being told my 2011 mitigation is no good because they changed the form in 2012. Five months after I paid for it. It clearly states on my copy it is good for 5 years as long as no material changes have been made to the structure. I have not made any changes.

I would like to file a complant against the companies that are refusing to accept my form. Who do I write to.
Nobody - the insurance company is free to set their own terms on what they'll accept.

ecmst12

Well, you can complain to your state department of insurance. It might not get you anywhere, but that's where you can try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">