• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099 Misc Issue For H1b Person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seafish1976

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

Hi
I have q quick question regarding Taxes of H1B visa holder.I am in usa on H1b visa.
My Brother generated 1099Misc on my SSN without knowing me from one real estate company.Generating 1099Misc Is legal for H1b visa person?Is it effect to my green card processing?shall i need to contact IRS on this issue and report them on this fraud?Is IRS contact me any time and ask about 1099 Misc?Then how can i respond for that query?Pls help me and give me an idea,i am very afraid of that issue,Is there any suggestions form Your side.

ImmigAttyLana

Explain how /in what context it was generated? That you were paid on the 1099 or that you were issuing a 1099 to someone whom you paid?

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

Hi
I have q quick question regarding Taxes of H1B visa holder.I am in usa on H1b visa.
My Brother generated 1099Misc on my SSN without knowing me from one real estate company.Generating 1099Misc Is legal for H1b visa person?Is it effect to my green card processing?shall i need to contact IRS on this issue and report them on this fraud?Is IRS contact me any time and ask about 1099 Misc?Then how can i respond for that query?Pls help me and give me an idea,i am very afraid of that issue,Is there any suggestions form Your side.
Did your brother make a real estate transaction and use YOUR social security number? And he generated profit, and it was reported under your Social Security number (the 1099-MISC?)

seafish1976

1099Misc issue for H1b Person

Explain how /in what context it was generated? That you were paid on the 1099 or that you were issuing a 1099 to someone whom you paid?

Thanks Lana
I dont know how he stolen my SSN,One day i got a 1099Misc by usps,then i was realised he did that mistake and asked him,He said,H1B person can work/get 1099Misc,there is no problem,but i saw so many forums on this issue and i came to know its not legal while on H1B,so i am asking your help to resolve this issue.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">