• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned I-485 and AC 21 for GC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prasadreddy

In 2006, my earlier employer filed for I-485 along with I-140. My I-140 got approved but I-485 was pending for finger printing. At that time due to family emergency I went to India. Now after a gap of 8 years, I am planning to move back to US. I came to know that my Priority Date is current at the moment.

So now my question is if I join any new company with new H1B visa, will I be able to use the AC21 rule and re-use the earlier approved Labor, I-140 and I-485 (abandoned)? And continue/apply fresh for I-485 alone and get the Green Card for both me and my family without re-starting the GC process again from the beginning with Labor Certification and I-140?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">