• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About Affidavit Of Support Once Again!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? WA
Hi, I once said my wife made 14-15K a year after taxes, so I would need a co-sponser because that's below the proverty guidelines for a household of 2 which is 17K . So I'm trying to know is the affidavit of support counts after taxes or before or does it matters? She makes $19,200 before taxes.

So if that doesn't work.

NOW: ,I have a co-sponser,he makes over the proverty guildelines for a household of 2. He makes 20K plus a year,but he's filing un-employment at the moment and taking classes to work for the city of vancouver washington, since he's filing un-employment can he still co-sponser me? Because we're trying to get everything done before july 30th.

ImmigAttyLana

It's the adjusted gross income that is reported on the 1040 IRS form. As for the co-sponsor, the co-sponsor's income level would have to be sufficient for whatever size household HE has PLUS the sponsored immigrant to determine the necessary level of income. But if he is currently collecting unemployment then it is irrelevant what his income level WAS prior to losing or leaving the job. The fact of the matter is that he is not currently employed and not currently making sufficient amount to qualify as a sponsor.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Well her adjusted gross income for 2006 was $9000, on the 1040 form
We're very confused,she told me she makes 14k yearly after tax deductions and 18-19K before taxes.
She doesn't know about taxes either do i. We about 2 see an Atty to get these problems resolve this is too much for me lol.

ImmigAttyLana

How did she manage to get about 10K of deductions on the front page of the 1040? That's very creative. If this is indeed the case, then she is not going to qualify on her own income and you will have to get a cosponsor.

Well she just told me she's been only a manager for 6months,so thats why her yearly income for this year would be 15k after taxes and she wasn't been getting payed as much as she is now when she was an associate, and she only filed 1 tax return and that was 2006 return,because she was getting claimed by her parents. Well since she's not eligible at the moment, what is my alternative option?

evcalyptos

Well she just told me she's been only a manager for 6months,so thats why her yearly income for this year would be 15k after taxes and she wasn't been getting payed as much as she is now when she was an associate, and she only filed 1 tax return and that was 2006 return,because she was getting claimed by her parents. Well since she's not eligible at the moment, what is my alternative option?
The I-864 looks at TWO things:

Current income (hers is 19whatever)

Income tax returns (to show that they were filed as required and potentially to show an earning history).

The I-864 should be 'judged' based on her current income.

This is the most confusing thing ever,all the other forms was so easy.

But I think she's not eligible,because she's been a manager for 6 months that's when the income started coming in. So she's telling me for her next yearly income would be 19k before tax and 15k after tax.
And she gets a lot of taxes taken out,since we stay in vancouver washington right by the border of oregon and she works in oregon,so they take oregon and washington taxes out,they sucks her paycheck dry.

So do the I-864 looks for her yearly income after taxes?

evcalyptos

This is the most confusing thing ever,all the other forms was so easy.

But I think she's not eligible,because she's been a manager for 6 months that's when the income started coming in. So she's telling me for her next yearly income would be 19k before tax and 15k after tax.
And she gets a lot of taxes taken out,since we stay in vancouver washington right by the border of oregon and she works in oregon,so they take oregon and washington taxes out,they sucks her paycheck dry.

So do the I-864 looks for her yearly income after taxes?
I think she probably IS eligible and you are confusing her CURRENT income with her PAST income.

Ok,I think we're confusing ourselves, her adjusted income on 2006 1040 form,was $9000,that's when she was makin $8.50-9 hr,with not much hours weekly. Now from last yr Dec 2006 to current,she's been a manager getting 40 + hrs a week at $10.50 hr. And its a full time permanent job.so is she eligible to sponser me if u estimate/caculate how much she would make yearly.

evcalyptos

Ok,I think we're confusing ourselves, her adjusted income on 2006 1040 form,was $9000,that's when she was makin $8.50-9 hr,with not much hours weekly. Now from last yr Dec 2006 to current,she's been a manager getting 40 + hrs a week at $10.50 hr. And its a full time permanent job.so is she eligible to sponser me if u estimate/caculate how much she would make yearly.
Concerned, you have to do the math to calculate her hourly wage as an annualized figure.

10.50 per hour x 40 hours in a week x # of weeks per year she works (it would be typical and safer to subtract at least 2 weeks for holidays/vacation/time off).

Current income, as if she had had it for an entire year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">