• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adjustment of status denied (DV Lottery winner)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kosmo

Hi, just received a letter from USCIS that my Adjustment of Status application was denied. I'm one of the DV Lottery winners. The letter stated that it was denied because I filed before my immigrant number became current (mine is 34,600) and looking at the Visa Bulletin for my country, the current is 18,500. The fiscal year for my DV ends in September 2008. Does this mean I can still reapply before that date and only when my immigrant number is current? Or is it a lost cause???

Thanks for your help.

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, of course. It would be as if you had not ever applied for AOS before. So all the filing fees, all the applications, all the supporting documentation would have to be submitted.

kosmo

Sorry to be a bother, but had another question:

I wouldn't have to resubmit the DS 122 and DSP 230 forms again, right? It would just be the I-485 applications and supporting documents only, correct?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">