• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adjustment of status as a DV lottery winner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ume

Hi, I'm an international student in U.S and I'm selected a DV-2011 lottery winner.
I just recieved a letter from Department of Homeland Security to tell me the date of my interview and what I should bring to the interview.

It says " Furnish an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and federal Income Tax return or an ORIGINAL Affidavid of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US, an ORIGINAL letter of employment on company letter head, W2's and Federal Income TAX returns for the current year."

When I was in my country I was a Japanese cook but I applyed I-485 as an international student because I was just a student and I didn't have my sponsor at that time but now one company which has a couple of restaurants wants to hire me as a Japanese cook and they wants to be my sponsor.

My question is that the company or the president of the company can fill out the form I-134 even though I never apply I-140 ?

I just recieved the letter yesterday and it said that my interview will be on Jan 12th. I don't have much time but my lawyer and the president of the company are on vacation now so I can't ask anybody about this.

Please help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">