• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affidavit of Support, child support, assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wodeh

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I married a Jordanian man in September of 2006. Together we have three children. Him one, me two. I have been self employed for the last 5 years. I don't make much K. This year I am getting a new job where I will make K. I get K in child support. My house has a mortgage of K and it is worth K.

can I use child support for income on the 864?

Will the new job be okay considering my past pay?

Do I need to have my home appraised for value to use?

Thank you in advance for your time....

ImmigAttyLana

What do you mean by K? Can you please specify the amount of your income to determine if you can qualify as a sole sponsor? If not, do you have someone who can be a co-sponsor? If not, what is the appraised value of your property?

wodeh

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I married a Jordanian man in September of 2006. Together we have three children. Him one, me two. I have been self employed for the last 5 years. I don't make much 15K. This year I am getting a new job where I will make 22K. I get 11K in child support. My house has a mortgage of 50K and it is worth 90K.

can I use child support for income on the 864?

Will the new job be okay considering my past pay?

Do I need to have my home appraised for value to use?

Thank you in advance for your time....

ImmigAttyLana

For a household of 5 (the two of you plus the 3 children), your income needs to be at least 29,250. Most likely, you will need to have to use your property value for purposes of the affidavit of support and whatever other money you have in terms of money in the bank, investments, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">