• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amith_83

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello,
I came to U.S on F1 Visa for my M.S and I graduated in December 2006. Presently, I am on OPT and have my EAD valid till December 2007. I applied for H1 through employer 'A' and have been approved. My H-1 is valid from October 2007. I presently do not work for this employer and hence, I have no pay stubs yet. I am not happy with the efforts of this employer 'A' for placing me into a contract project. He does not have any direct clients and hence, I am all by myself in the effort for finding a contract. I want to transfer my H1 to an employer 'B' who has direct client relations and who will help me better in finding a contract. Is it really a need to submit the recent pay stubs for H1 Transfer? I have my H1 approved and can't I transfer it without producing any pay stubs? Please suggest me something.

ImmigAttyLana

It's not called a transfer if the second employer files a petition on your behalf before you are in H-1B status. It is a new petition by a new employer that is not subject to the H-1B cap.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">