• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amnesty or Same Sex Mariage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Petover101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
If someone has been illegally living in the US for 30 years and and he is homosexual, what is the best option to apply a Green Card,
shall he wait for Immigration Reform Approval - Amnesty or get married with his partner, they have been together for 21 years

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
If someone has been illegally living in the US for 30 years and and he is homosexual, what is the best option to apply a Green Card,
shall he wait for Immigration Reform Approval - Amnesty or get married with his partner, they have been together for 21 years
So someone wants to know how to quit breaking the law? Getting married will not necessarily change anything. If he applies for a green card he could find himself deported. From what country is he?

Petover101

Amnesty

I thought Amnesty is to help someone who entered in this country illegally long time ago and will issue him/her a Green Card.

So someone wants to know how to quit breaking the law? Getting married will not necessarily change anything. If he applies for a green card he could find himself deported. From what country is he?

Petover101

Immigration

I think they are real marriage but just a bit different. Some states like California, Iowa & others already open the door for SSM. I wonder what will happen if they get married and he applies for a Green Card. If the immigration does not approve his case, will he get deported? It will be very sad since they have been together for 21 years long.:( I heard there is a waiver for deportation if someone came in prior 1996. Not sure if it is true.

Proserpina

I think they are real marriage but just a bit different. Some states like California, Iowa & others already open the door for SSM. I wonder what will happen if they get married and he applies for a Green Card. If the immigration does not approve his case, will he get deported? It will be very sad since they have been together for 21 years long.:( I heard there is a waiver for deportation if someone came in prior 1996. Not sure if it is true.

What they need to do - because it's nigh-on-impossible to list every possible permutation on a message forum - is sit down with an immigration attorney before they decide on anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">