• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bringing young daughter with her mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anh2bf

What is the name of your state? KY, CA

I am a naturalized citizen. I have a small daughter who lives in Russia. I want to bring her here together with her mother. Is there any way to accomplish this without marrying the mother? I am in a new relationship now and would like to keep it.

Last edited:

FLMommy

How old is your daughter and when did you become a citizen?

You cannot get her mother to the US, but you will probably be able to get your child to the US (if the mother agrees to the latter of course...)

anh2bf

I became a citizen in 2000. The daughter is a toddler. I do not want to separate her from her mother. Neither do I want to miss most of her life. Thanks for the reply.

FLMommy

If you are a her biological father she should be a US citizen as fas as I know. There really is no way of you getting her mother over to the US to live unless you intend to marry her, which you have already indicated is not going to happen. Sorry!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">