• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can boss do H1B visa for 1 year only?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abcxyz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hi, I would like to know if my boss can do H1B with only 1 year commitment as he said that he doesn't have funding beyond March 2015. Is it possible to file for 1 year H1B only? Thanks!

FlyingRon

The INS takes a dim view at "temporary assignments" for H1B. This is supposed to be used to fill a definite need for a skilled professional, not some transitory body shopping.

abcxyz

The INS takes a dim view at "temporary assignments" for H1B. This is supposed to be used to fill a definite need for a skilled professional, not some transitory body shopping.
^Thanks for your insights! However, I'm not asking the 'success' of the H1B petition. I'm asking whether or not it is possible to submit paperwork for only 1 year H1B.

FlyingRon

You can submit whatever you want. I doubt it's going to get approved. Further, if I were advising an employer, I'd avoid doing something unless I had a compelling reason that this was not contrary to the attestations made in getting an H1B.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">