• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I add more evidence to my case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dormonid

What is the name of your state? California

In August I filled a I-751 petion to remove the "temporary" status of my green card.
Everything seem to be moving smoothly, but I would like to add documents that did not go with my petition.
Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

ImmigAttyLana

No, just wait until you are called in for your interview and you can supplement the filing at that time.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

dormonid said:
What is the name of your state? California

In August I filled a I-751 petion to remove the "temporary" status of my green card.
Everything seem to be moving smoothly, but I would like to add documents that did not go with my petition.
Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
What Lana said, except it's highly likely that you will not be called for an interview. It's also likely that noone will look at your petition for a year, so don't get too anxious. If the documents were required (copy of GC for example) you will probably be issued an RFE/Request for Further Evidence.
And, it's nigh impossible to match newly sent documents with a file already submitted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">