• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I apply for green card been married 6 years?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alex Sanchez

I been married for 6 years to my wife, she is a Citizen by birth, and we have 3 boys a 5,4,2 years old. The reason I ask is because when I was a minor I got arrested 3 times which 2 of the cases where dismissed, one they lower the charge and was put on probation for 1 year. I did everything they told me my record for spunge and since 2004 I never had anymore problems with the law but I'm still concerned about this arrest if they can affect my immigration situation? I never really tried to get my immigration status straight, because I'm scared of been denied and deported toMexico since I was raise here in the states so I don't know the country at all and I'm scared. My wife is the only one that works and we can verly pay our rent, bills and food and would love to be able to work and help our family, since we are still struggling from the 2013 flood that happened here in Northern Colorado we lost everything and still trying to recuperate our losses. If anyone can help me here with good advise of what should I do please let me know I will really appreciate it and thank you.

FlyingRon

The brief answer is "probably yes." You need to get you and your wife to an immigration attorney to start the paperwork. Being caught out while things are pending are a whole world of difference from getting caught out of status.

OHRoadwarrior

An immigration attorney is a must. Your criminal past does not appear to be an issue, however, deportation and illegal re-entry will likely trigger an I-130 denial and your wife will need to file requesting a waiver for both your inadmissibility and illegal re-entry. This denial point is when having an attorney ready to appeal is critical.

Alex Sanchez

flying ron

Thank you I was wondering if know anything about applying under 245 i? I had a petition for me by my aunt back in 2000.

Alex Sanchez

OHRoadwarrior

I never been deported before, I was a minor when the arrest happened the only thing I did was probation.

OHRoadwarrior

I apologize. I misunderstood. Then her obtaining a waiver for you being here illegally is almost always granted since she is a US citizen.

t74

Since cost may be an issue, look for a social service agency serving immigrants for assistance in locating affordable services.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">