• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a petition for a family member be blocked?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omar_b

What is the name of your state? CA

My wife is a citizen. Her mom has a green card and can become a citizen next year. The mom wants to petition for her husband to come to the US legally. The husband is in Nicaragua. The husband is also my wife's dad (just to clarify). Here is the deal, this guy is major major loser/trouble maker. He is a child molester (molested my wife and his wife's two sisters), an alcoholic and a drug user. My wife, along with most of the family, don't want this guy anywhere near them, preferably not even in this country. So the question is, can anything be done to block the petition for this guy? This lowlife does not deserve to be in this country. Thanks for any advice.

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? CA

My wife is a citizen. Her mom has a green card and can become a citizen next year. The mom wants to petition for her husband to come to the US legally. The husband is in Nicaragua. The husband is also my wife's dad (just to clarify). Here is the deal, this guy is major major loser/trouble maker. He is a child molester (molested my wife and his wife's two sisters), an alcoholic and a drug user. My wife, along with most of the family, don't want this guy anywhere near them, preferably not even in this country. So the question is, can anything be done to block the petition for this guy? This lowlife does not deserve to be in this country. Thanks for any advice.
His petition will be scrutinized, and if any criminal charges of moral turpitude are against him, then
most likely his petition will be denied. By the way, who is sponsoring him, and why? Does the sponsor
know [of] his sicko background you described.

You could also contact http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and discuss your concerns with them.

omar_b

His petition will be scrutinized, and if any criminal charges of moral turpitude are against him, then
most likely his petition will be denied. By the way, who is sponsoring him, and why? Does the sponsor
know [of] his sicko background you described.

You could also contact http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and discuss your concerns with them.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. The sponsor is his wife (my wife's mother). She is just as sick as him. One of those "blind love" deals. She knows of all the things he has done because it was her that knew it was happening and allowed it to continue happening.

The problem is that we don't know if the guy has a criminal record at all. In places like Nicaragua they don't exactly arrest anyone for these type of things even if they are reported.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">