• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she get deported??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessie0054

What is the name of your state? Missouri
The sister [ LPR] of my friend just admitted to her sister that she commited Fraud by going to the Welfare Office and getting Food Stamps and making false statements on the application.
The sister and her husband make somewhere in the area of $70,000 to $80.000 a year in wages. First I don't understand how they might even qualify for food stamps making that amount of money. The sister said her husband [ a USC] doesn't know about the food stamps and doesn't wish him to know. She said she told them at the welfare office that her husband had left her and their 2 children. Now she gets a letter from the welfare office saying she needs to come in and to bring documentation of wages, Child support payments and ECt.
Is the sister in trouble?? Will they deport her for this?? Will her husband get into any trouble since he didn't know what she had done and covered it up so he wouldn't find out?
Thanks

Silverplum

Either report them yourself or MYOB.

The sister [ LPR] of my friend just admitted to her sister that she commited Fraud by going to the Welfare Office and getting Food Stamps and making false statements on the application.
The sister and her husband make somewhere in the area of $70,000 to $80.000 a year in wages. First I don't understand how they might even qualify for food stamps making that amount of money. The sister said her husband [ a USC] doesn't know about the food stamps and doesn't wish him to know. She said she told them at the welfare office that her husband had left her and their 2 children. Now she gets a letter from the welfare office saying she needs to come in and to bring documentation of wages, Child support payments and ECt.
Is the sister in trouble?? Will they deport her for this?? Will her husband get into any trouble since he didn't know what she had done and covered it up so he wouldn't find out?
Thanks

SHORTY LONG

Either report them yourself or MYOB.
HI YA Silverplum:) Hope all is well, and my best to you and the Marines:).

jessie0054, first be very careful of hearsay. Second, if the person never received any food stamps but just fraudulently filed an application for them, then, the person can always call and cancel her request for food stamps and assistance. On the other hand, if you have solid proof that she did in fact commit fraud, then as Silverplum shared in her post, call and report her, or MYOB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie0054
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">