• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canadian citizen lost passport in U.S.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JackJ

What is the name of your state? IL

I am a Canadian citizen and have been an illegal alien in the U.S. for 5 years. I am in the U.S. now and I have lost my passport. When I report it lost, is there a chance I could get deported?

ImmigAttyLana

Not likely but what is your plan for remaining in the US? Are you trying to legalize your status on the basis of marriage to a USC or something similar?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

PMFJI, but, if you lost your Canadian passport, you would replace it through Immigration Canada, not the US government, and Canada isn't going to snitch on you for being illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">