• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canadian Friend Wanting to Stay in USA, How do I help her??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EsmeGraham

My friend came down for my wedding on Saturday she told the USA Border that she would buy a ticket on the 29th to go home she never told them when that she can remember.

She forgot to tell them that I invited her down to stay for 1 month or as long as she wants that I would take care of any expenses she has while she is here.

Now I know she can stay here legally in the USA 6 months but does she have to go back sooner cause she forgot to tell them about my invite while they were asking her question's?

Her intention was just to come down for my wedding but now she would like to stay down for 6 months possibly longer.

How can we go about changing this for her while she is staying in the USA?

Last edited:

Just Blue

My friend came down for my wedding on Saturday she told the USA Border that she would buy a ticket on the 29th to go home she never told them when that she can remember.

She forgot to tell them that I invited her down to stay for 1 month or as long as she wants that I would take care of any expenses she has while she is here.

Now I know she can stay here legally in the USA 6 months but does she have to go back sooner cause she forgot to tell them about my invite while they were asking her question's?

Her intention was just to come down for my wedding but now she would like to stay down for 6 months possibly longer.

How can we go about changing this for her while she is staying in the USA?
Px Hx

You are rude. Hire an attorney to assist you, your friends and whomever else you want to post about. Have a nice day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">