• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_sohaib

What is the name of your state? Texas

Today my I-140 case status changed to

"This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On March 20, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you"

My I-140 was already approved a year back and my I485 is pending.

Can anybody please explain what this means? why would State Department send the petition back to USCIS for review after the case is approved?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

nogueral

Visa H1-B Stamping in US Embassy - Caracas

Hello there,

October 08, 2008 I went to US Embassy in Caracas Venezuela for a visa stamping for H1-B, approved by USCIS for the fiscal year 2009. Well I presented all the papers and VO gave me a 221(g) green sheet because she said "there is nothing to prove that I am coming back to Venezuela after my H1-B expire" then they returned the visa to the USCIS for a review and possible revocation....now since Feb 12, 2009 my visa status change and it now says "This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it"...did any body know how long (in average) takes for the USCIS to review your case?

Thanks!

Luis

evcalyptos

it now says "This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it"...did any body know how long (in average) takes for the USCIS to review your case?
Somewhere between 'never' and 'forever'. Reviewing returned petitions is not a high priority.
It also means something is wrong with your case. The Consulate did not want to tell you 'no way' so they returned the petition to USCIS saying 'we think you made a mistake and should not have approved the petition in the first place'.

Get in touch with your company, and the lawyer.

cmn0548

For an H1-b stamping at a consulate, do you have to show proof of return to this country after your H-1b is complete? kinda like an f-1 visa?

nogueral

Yeah it sound crazy for me...I have family used to be under H1-B and never asked for something like that.....but that's what the VO told me, she said: "I am not denying you visa, I just cannot approve it because there is nothing that tight you to Venezuela after your visa experiation".....thats' all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">