• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change employer after GC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonny40

my friend came to US after getting green, he didn't work for the employer who petitioned his I-140 for EB2 visa . he lived in US and got job with other employer since if your Permanent resident than you can work any employer.
He is going to apply for Citizen ship, does any one see any problem in getting Citizen ship.

ecmst12

If you have a green card, you can work anywhere that will hire you. Your employer doesn't have anything to do with applying for citizenship, so far as I'm aware.

t74

Did he not work for the sponsoring employer immediately after receiving the GC? Conventional wisdom is that the GC recipient should work for the sponsoring employer for at least 6 months before changing employers unless the GC was one not requiring sponsorship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">