• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change visa statut from J1 to H2B

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stefinka

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
NYC

Hi

I am student with J1 visa and I am in USA.
I want to ask you do you think that i can change my visa statut at H2B.
And i want to know everything about this kind of visa.
And do you think that i can change my statut at another visa category like F1?

I really need your help

Regards

castro76

stefinka said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
NYC

Hi

I am student with J1 visa and I am in USA.
I want to ask you do you think that i can change my visa statut at H2B.
And i want to know everything about this kind of visa.
And do you think that i can change my statut at another visa category like F1?

I really need your help

Regards
as long as you dont have that 2 year home residency requirement i dont see why not.
if you look at your J-1 visa it should say "subject" or "not subject" to section E-212. if it says "not subject" you can change your status without leaving the US, if it says "subject" you will have to leave the country and stay at your homecountry for 2 years and then you will be able to different type of visa. Though sometimes you can apply for waiver. that you will need to discuss with immigration lawyer.
as far as about H2B visa, if you are not "subject" and if you find a sponsor a.k.a as a host company, you will be able to change your status from J-1 to H-2b.
btw, are you J-1 student or J-1 trainee? that plays important role too.

stefinka

I am student with J1 and I have "not subject".

What is the way to change my status?

What I shoud do first?

katija###

Hi I have one question about changing J1 visa to H2B!!!! I'm already in US working as an Au Pair. But I'm not happy doing this job, Host families are very often taking advantage of us, making us doing all kind of jobs we not suppose to do. Leaving with them making things more difficult. Last year I was in US working for a pool company. I had a great experience working for them. Now they want me to work again for tham, which is wonderful, and they will apply for my change visa status. I know that I have to ask, the people who run this kind of program (au pair care,or some sponsors), could I not finish this program, and also ask tham for a permission to work for some other company. But I'm afraid that they will not let me do that. And than if I want to quit the Au Pair job, I will lose my visa, and I leave US immediately. Please help!!! Thanks
--
Katija

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">