• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing job after greencard application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

puuul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

I want to apply for EB2-NIW green card scheme. Im eligible according to one quote that I got. However I do have a question;
Im a J1 exchange scholar, now I want to apply for the greencard and I know it takes me a few months to get the answer. Lets say my contract with my current sponsor will be finished or I'll be fired a month after the start of application for the greencard. Do I need to leave the country? will I be able to work in US with other institutes for example? In general, can I change job after greencard application?

t74

You have enough questions that you should engage (pay) an attorney to assist you. First you need to determine whether you require a waiver of the home residency requirement before you discuss a green card filing. Then you need a review of your credentials to see if you are qualified for self sponsorship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">