• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changing states and changing status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

travis4567

What is the name of your state?UT

I know someonw who filed the request for change of status (family member-spouse) in Idaho. When she subsequently moved to Washington, she had to completely refile and start over (and pay again). Do you know of any problems with moving to another state after filing the I-864?

evcalyptos

travis4567 said:
What is the name of your state?UT

I know someonw who filed the request for change of status (family member-spouse) in Idaho. When she subsequently moved to Washington, she had to completely refile and start over (and pay again). Do you know of any problems with moving to another state after filing the I-864?
Are you sure you don't mean Adjust Status? Why did she re-file? Why did she pay again? Why didn't she have her file transferred?
I wouldn't want my own I-864 just floating around out there; I suggest she track down what's happening with her case(s). In person. InfoPass appointment.

I think the alien should file AR-11 to show the move--this does not change the mailing address, btw.
Whoever wrote the I-864 is supposed to file I-865 if they move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">