• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Ingestion of Marijuana - Should I travel to Canada?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacknorton

I have been charged (not convicted yet) for "ingestion of controlled substance" (in this case Marijuana) and for resisting arrest in North Dakota. Is is safe for me to travel to Canada or will I risk inadmissibility when I try to re-enter US?

When the cops arrived (after I called 911), they asked me many questions. I did tell them that I had smoked Marijuana. They DID NOT find any Marijuana in my possession whatsoever. I called 911 for help because after smoking I felt vulnerable and anxious. My criminal lawyer tells me it is safe to travel to Canada, but I need to be 100% sure.

I am a non-resident alien working legally in the US and I am a Canadian citizen.

Thanks for your help.

TigerD

...My criminal lawyer tells me it is safe to travel to Canada, but I need to be 100% sure.
Your lawyer tells you it is safe to travel to Canada and you turn to anonymous internet posters because you need to be 100 percent sure?

That is almost as dumb as smoking weed then calling the police to tell them.

DC

Eekamouse

What did you think would happen when you called the police after smoking marijuana and telling them you just ingested marijuana? That they'd give you a pat on the head and tell you not to worry? Is that how they do things in Canada? Saying you ingested it sounds like you swallowed it. Which did you do? :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">