• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizenship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lc8327

What is the name of your state? Florida

I received a theft charge on 2005 and did not do any jail time but had to do probation, I am Cuban and am a Resident of the US, I would like to do my citizenship but need to try and resolve this issue, I consulted an Immigration attorney and she advised to try and have a "motion to vacate" on the charge. She also adviced not to go out of the country with my residence card because it may cause problems for me on my return (is that correct). I have already gone out of the country and back on a cruise and had no problem. Can I ask for a pardon from the judge? I have gotten different information from different people but would like to consult with an immigration attorney to possible hire to handle my case.

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? Florida

I received a theft charge on 2005 and did not do any jail time but had to do probation, I am Cuban and am a Resident of the US, I would like to do my citizenship but need to try and resolve this issue, I consulted an Immigration attorney and she advised to try and have a "motion to vacate" on the charge. She also adviced not to go out of the country with my residence card because it may cause problems for me on my return (is that correct). I have already gone out of the country and back on a cruise and had no problem. Can I ask for a pardon from the judge? I have gotten different information from different people but would like to consult with an immigration attorney to possible hire to handle my case.
Because of the nature in that you been convicted or plead guilty to this; which gets into many legalities,
I suggest you do a search for "Immigration Attorney in Florida" and you should be able to find one or
more to help you. Thanks for being honest in your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">