• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizenship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Uzma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My question is in the form Of naturalize(N400) Are you a male who lived in the US at any time between your 18th and 26th birthday? I am giving you a detail here ( My husband came here in the US when he was 20 years old with turist visa. He never went back to Mexico. Later He become a regal resident. Now he want to apply for citizenship but He didn't register for selective service it will affect him by the time he will apply for the citizenship, now he is 36 years old. Because of only this question he couldn't apply for the citizenship he already has completed 3 years in the US

Mass_Shyster

Failing to register for selective service falls outside the five year window for good moral character on the 31st birthday. That failure, alone, should not prevent his naturalization.

LdiJ

Failing to register for selective service falls outside the five year window for good moral character on the 31st birthday. That failure, alone, should not prevent his naturalization.
When did we bring back selective service registering? I am not being snarky, I honestly didn't know we had brought it back.

Michael1234

When did we bring back selective service registering? I am not being snarky, I honestly didn't know we had brought it back.
1980 (and it had only been gone for about five years).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System#1969_to_1975

Of course it's only men for some reason, and it's pretty unlikely that the draft will actually be reinstated, but there can be issues down the road if you don't register.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">