• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

citizenship application delimma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manfob

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I became a permanent resident in October of 2002. I finished filling out the N-400 form for citizenship...but I have not technically been a permanent resident for 5 years until October of this year 2007. Should I send in my N-400 citizenship application anyway since I have only 3 months left?....don't want to miss the July 31 dead line and pay extra :eek:

ImmigAttyLana

You are eligible to submit your application after 4 years 9 months if you have satisfied the other requirements for N-400 filing.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I became a permanent resident in October of 2002. I finished filling out the N-400 form for citizenship...but I have not technically been a permanent resident for 5 years until October of this year 2007. Should I send in my N-400 citizenship application anyway since I have only 3 months left?....don't want to miss the July 31 dead line and pay extra :eek:
Search with google for a 'date calculator' and enter the exact date of your 'Permanent Resident since' from your Green Card. Add 5 years. Then subtract 90 days (not 3 months).

Also, the fee increase is EFFECTIVE July 30 for all postmarks from that day forward.
Do not apply before your 'window' of application time opens.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FeeUpdate_07Jun29.pdf

manfob

citizenship delimma

My exact period of permanent residence is 4 years, 8 months, 27 days. I'm not within the 90 day time frame. I will be within the 4 years 9 months period in about 4 days..So is it 4 years 9 months or 90 days before reaching 5 years?

evcalyptos

My exact period of permanent residence is 4 years, 8 months, 27 days. I'm not within the 90 day time frame. I will be within the 4 years 9 months period in about 4 days..So is it 4 years 9 months or 90 days before reaching 5 years?
Please CAREFULLY review the Guide To Naturalization http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf to make sure that you file in the correct time period and that you are otherwise eligible to file now (time spent out of the US over the past 5 years may count against you).

ImmigAttyLana

It's 90 days before the 5 year anniversary of the grant of your permanent resident status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">