• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clarification on using EAD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

immihelp_pls

What is the name of your state? MN

Hi Lana,

My husband's co. sponsored his GC and his I-140 and I-485 were applied parallelly in EB1 category last year.

Current status of my husband's cases:
I-140 - Approval notice sent
I-485 - Card production ordered , Approval notice sent.

But, when i check my status for I-485, it still mentions - Case Received and Pending.I had received my EAD and AP in Jan 2007

Under these circumstances
1. will it be a wise decision for me to start using my EAD (currently, I am on H1 visa) or do i have to wait until my case for I-485 has been approved to be safe.

2. Since my husband's case has been approved (primary), can i assume my case will automatically be approved, but, takes a little more time ?!

Thanks in advance,
immihelp_pls

ImmigAttyLana

You could have been using your EAD the entire time. I would assume that unless you have specific individual issues with your AOS that may make you inadmissible, your case should be approved, in time, based on the fact that your husband's application has been approved.

immihelp_pls

Thanks Lana for the response !

Another clarification - if i start using my EAD, i assume my H1 would be cancelled. So, I am confused as to what status I would be in when i use my EAD ?!

Thanks in advance,
immihelp_pls

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">