• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comng Back to U.S after Deportation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theharis

I am from Texas...I have a question about this guy i know. He was on student visa but he was working since he needed money badly.. Anyways he went back to his country of origin to visit his family and relatives, but on his way back he got caught on entering into U.S and officer found out that he is working on a student Visa while he was not supposed to. The officer made him sign a paper that he was working here while he was not supposed to and deported him. He was barred for 5 years. Now problem is..while he was here he was engaged with this girl who was U.S citizen. They both want to get married now. Is there anyway if they get married he can come back? The immigration officer told him that if he gets married to U.S citizen he be able to come back, but he is not sure about that? Is there anybody who can answer me if he gets married outside U.S ..would he be able to come back to U.S? How do he find out how long is his PENALTY before he can come back to U.S. Is there a # he can call or is there any possibilities at all? otherwise he will have to break off the relationship
Thanks for your time

ImmigAttyLana

The 5-year bar to reentry stands. If he is married to a USC, then he can try to apply for the waiver but it is not a guarantee that it will be granted.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

theharis

does he need to wait 5 years first to apply for waiver or he can apply for waiver as soon as he gets married to USC?

evcalyptos

does he need to wait 5 years first to apply for waiver or he can apply for waiver as soon as he gets married to USC?
No, he needs to be denied his visa before he can apply for a waiver.

This is an intense, long-term process and it's not easy. If their relationship isn't 'worth it' to him, he reallly shouldn't bother. (more importantly, SHE shouldn't bother).
I base this on the earlier comment about breaking off the relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">