• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crba

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neiru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My son is in the Philippines, born there. I'm a US Citizen. I'm planning to bring my son and wife to the states next year. Right now my wife is in the process of getting a passport for herself and my son. I heard that I should get an American passport for my son. That he can be recognized as a US Citizen. CRBA. Should I do this after he gets his Filipino passport or can I do this right away? I really don't know who I can talk to, to guide me in these immigration matters in my State.

ImmigAttyLana

You need to register his birth with the US Embassy in Manila. Go to their website and find out the specifics about the process and what documentation needs to be provided and how.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">