• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA) law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seya84

Hello
The Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA) federal law states that Cubans living in US for 366 continuous days are eligible for Permanent Residency. If I'm close to reach that amount of days but that law is eliminated before will I still be eligible? did the law will be valid for some time or applicable to Cubans that already are in the less-than-366-days process? How long does typically takes to eliminate or change a Congress law?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Proserpina

Hello
The Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA) federal law states that Cubans living in US for 366 continuous days are eligible for Permanent Residency. If I'm close to reach that amount of days but that law is eliminated before will I still be eligible? did the law will be valid for some time or applicable to Cubans that already are in the less-than-366-days process? How long does typically takes to eliminate or change a Congress law?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Laws don't get changed easily.

In case you haven't read it : http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/other-ways-get-green-card/green-card-cuban-native-or-citizen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">