• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Customs form 6059B

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

overworry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I'm a US citizen. I recently went on a trip and returned to the US. On the way in, I had to fill in form 6059B, which asks which countries you have visited.

I listed most of the countries that I entered, but I forgot one. There is one additional country that I passed through for a period of about 4 hours. I slept on a plane the "night" before filling the form, as well as the night before that. I was exhausted and simply forgot.

I'm not a drug dealer, I'm not carrying thousands of dollars in my shoe. I'm a businessman with nothing to hide aside from occasional absentmindedness.

Do I need to worry that some computer/bureaucrat will pull my name up and mess with my life over this form? What are my risks?

On the one hand, I'm probably overworrying (as I tend to do, see username), on the other hand, I just read about an otherwise nice young man who got 30 months in jail for pointing a laser pointer (yes, one of those things that you make presentations with.) We are the country with the world's largest percentage of it's population in jail, after all.

Do I need to get a lawyer to go to the government and apologize profusely? Or just leave it alone.

FlyingRon

Unless we're talking about a sanctioned country like N Korea or Cuba, it's not going to mean anything.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just read about an otherwise nice young man who got 30 months in jail for pointing a laser pointer (yes, one of those things that you make presentations with.)
It was NOT a "presentation" laser. It was a commercial grade laser that blinded the pilot for several hours after the flight. Not only that, but that dipwad also pointed the laser at the police helicopter that was sent to investigate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">