• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deciding where to give birth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shad0w57

I am a US citizen who is pregnant and currently living in mexico. I am trying to find some answers about the difference in difficulty of having the baby here in mexico and applying for his citizenship rather than going back to the USA because I have no place to stay over there and have no family.

FlyingRon

I am a US citizen who is pregnant and currently living in mexico. I am trying to find some answers about the difference in difficulty of having the baby here in mexico and applying for his citizenship rather than going back to the USA because I have no place to stay over there and have no family.
What is your marital status and the citizenship of the father?

ImmigAttyLana

Your child will be a US citizen even if born on foreign soil (father's citizenship is irrelevant here). You will need to register the child's birth with the US Embassy in Mexico after the child is born and that will enable you to apply for the baby's US passport.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">