• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Departure 1 Day after expected date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xfanw1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hello, everyone,

My mom come to visit us on B1/B2 visa, and can be admitted until Aug 31st.

Is it legal or not if she leaves on Sep 1st(at 3PM)?

Will this action affect her next time admission?

Thanks.

Waiting for answers on line.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Technically she'll accrue illegal presence time for that day, though barring some other immigration complication, I doubt she'll be subject to any sanctions, but she could find it more difficult to get visa approval for future visits. If she knwos for a fact (travel issues or whatever) that she will leave late, she should apply NOW for an extension. This should be made 45 days before Aug 31.

xfanw1

Technically she'll accrue illegal presence time for that day, though barring some other immigration complication, I doubt she'll be subject to any sanctions, but she could find it more difficult to get visa approval for future visits. If she knwos for a fact (travel issues or whatever) that she will leave late, she should apply NOW for an extension. This should be made 45 days before Aug 31.
Thank you. I'll let her leave before Aug 31.

t74

Make her travel arrangements with several days, at least, for unexpected problems. Flights do get cancelled; people do become ill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">