• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperatedly Your Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kiwi_sweetie

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My husband and I were married in Islamabad in 2004. After our marriage I resided with him for 9 months in PK (3 months longer) than the Embassy required that I stay there.

After a period of 9 months we went to file a I-130 petition and I was told that they had no permanent representative in their office for DHS. They recommended that I return to the US and file from here and they assured me the process would be quicker (6 mo-1yr) for my husband to be approved.

I retained the svcs of a Chicago Attorney who filed the petition in 4-2005.

My husband was called in for (3) separate interviews and was treated in a very rude manner. He provided them with every single document they requested from him.

This process has gone on for years and this past May I contacted my State Senator's office for their assistance. They in turn contacted the Consulate on my behalf to request status.

The consulate then requested my husband to come back to their office once again.
On this day in May of 2007 they asked him 3-4 general questions.

1. What state does your wife live in?
2. What is the time in the US now?
3. Where does your wife work?

He answered all of their questions and then he was told that his petition for his Visa was being revoked and sent back to the US on the grounds that they are claiming that they feel that he only married me to get a Visa to the US and also that we have not seen each other for over 2-1/2 years and they don't believe we have had a ongoing relationship.

My attorney was livid over their decision when she knew that I was constantly e-mailing the embbassy for a status report and they were quite aware of the fact that we do indeed have a ongoing relationship.

The Consulate NEVER ONCE REQUESTED THAT MY HUSBAND PROVIDE THEM WITH OUR E-MAILS ... PHONE BILLS, COPIES OF GREETING CARDS... COPIES OF OUR MESSENGER CHATS ...ETC.

We have now filed for motion to reopen our case and also for DOS Advisory review.

I and my husband are beside ourselves and at our wits end trying to find someone who can assist us with this heartbreaking situation.

I am a US citizen ... don't I have any rights to have my husband join me here in the US so that we can finally start our married life together.

I can't believe that the US Govt can condone the actions of their representatives in the US Embassy and furthermore to treat me in the callous manner that they have.

I sincerely hope and pray that you can assist me with this situation.

Respectfully,

Kiwi_Sweetie
8-3-2007

SHORTY LONG

You already have an Attorney, and have filed a Motion to reopen your case; correct?
What do you seek here for help? It in one hand would be unethical for another
Attorney to advise you, though, it may be possible to hire an additional
Immigration Attorney.

kiwi_sweetie

Reply To Shorty

I would like to hire a new attorney.

Shorty are you a attorney or a visitor
on this forum?

Kiwi_Sweetie

ImmigAttyLana

I am an immigration attorney but it does not really look too good for your situation if you have not been going back to see your husband for the past 2.5 years. That can be seen as a sham marriage and the US Consulate has a right to presume that, given the factual circumstances. What has your immigration attorney tried to do to reverse this decision by the Consulate or to try to have them reconsider?

It's not enough just to hire a new attorney. There really needs to be an understanding of what was done before and why that was not sufficient to get you the result. Why did you not go back to see your husband in all this time? Why have you not met him in a third country for all this time? What supporting documentation did you provide to the Embassy to show the bona fides of your marriage?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

I sincerely hope and pray that you can assist me with this situation.
If you have not yet, read this article: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2687

This is not uncommon behavior from Pakistan (and you got the --complete--runaround being told you could not file your petition at the Consulate 9 months after living in PK--you were eligible, but at their discretion)

The author of the article may know of lawyers who specialize in this type of file return.

Unfortunately, as a citizen you have no 'right' for your spouse to come to the US, simply the right to petition for that permission.

SHORTY LONG

I would like to hire a new attorney.

Shorty are you a attorney or a visitor
on this forum?

Kiwi_Sweetie
Kiwi_sweetie, no I am not an Attorney. I am a Business Consultant; and semi-retired.
However, I highly recommend Attorney Lana here in the Immigration Forum.
She specializes in Immigration Law. Moreover, Attorney Lana is a highly trained professional,
and very skilled in Immigration matters, as well as other parts of the Law in other States.

Just click on her name here in the Forum, and make arrangements with her. If you
have any problems in hooking up with her let me know. Best to you.

Last edited:

kiwi_sweetie

Thank you Lana

Hi Lana and Shorty,

Thank you so much for your response.

Lana I don't even know where to begin to give you all of the facts
regarding this situation with my petition to bring my husband to the
US.

I am beginning to have serious doubts that my attorney really knows
what she is doing.

First of all when my husband's visa was revoked, the consulate told him
very clearly that we had to right to appeal their decision and my attorney
told me that she never heard of a appeal process where a I-130 petition
is concerned, she said she was ONLY aware of a request for adivisory
opinion from the DOS?

From the time I retained my attorney I honestly feel that any progress that
was made with Immigration was due to my leg work, telephone calls, letters,
e-mails to the consulate in PK ..etc.

Lana please tell me how I can contact you because I really don't feel
comfortable posting all the details ont he forum.

I clicked on your name but couldn't find any contact information.

Once again thank you so much for your reply I sincerely appreciate anything
that you can do to help us with our desperate situation.

My petition was filed in California.

Respectfully,

Kiwi_Sweetie

SHORTY LONG

Hi Lana and Shorty,

Thank you so much for your response.

Lana I don't even know where to begin to give you all of the facts
regarding this situation with my petition to bring my husband to the
US.

I am beginning to have serious doubts that my attorney really knows
what she is doing.

First of all when my husband's visa was revoked, the consulate told him
very clearly that we had to right to appeal their decision and my attorney
told me that she never heard of a appeal process where a I-130 petition
is concerned, she said she was ONLY aware of a request for adivisory
opinion from the DOS?

From the time I retained my attorney I honestly feel that any progress that
was made with Immigration was due to my leg work, telephone calls, letters,
e-mails to the consulate in PK ..etc.

Lana please tell me how I can contact you because I really don't feel
comfortable posting all the details ont he forum.

I clicked on your name but couldn't find any contact information.

Once again thank you so much for your reply I sincerely appreciate anything
that you can do to help us with our desperate situation.

My petition was filed in California.

Respectfully,

Kiwi_Sweetie
Kiwi_Sweetie, I do not have Attorney Lana's address! When you visit here, and
see her name lighted up in green, then you click on it, and you should be able to
send her a pm. Best to you, and your husband.
Shorty

ImmigAttyLana

You can contact me at toblerone109[@]gmail.com.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">