• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I qualify to sponsor a general visitor to the UK?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dash89

UK national.

HI! I have a friend in Ghana hoping to visit in December, with me acting as a sponsor for his visit. I heard a rumour that to be a sponsor I need to either be an employer or an educational institution, is this true? I am a full time, employed professional, but cannot find any details of this on the UK border agency website, and my enquiry mail has not been answered.

Thank you!!

Proserpina

UK national.

HI! I have a friend in Ghana hoping to visit in December, with me acting as a sponsor for his visit. I heard a rumour that to be a sponsor I need to either be an employer or an educational institution, is this true? I am a full time, employed professional, but cannot find any details of this on the UK border agency website, and my enquiry mail has not been answered.

Thank you!!

You need a UK law forum - this deals with US law only.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is not an endorsement at all, but the following forum has been mentioned: http://swarb.co.uk/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">