• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does H1b Salary be revised by employer, if Minimum prevailing wage has been revised?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vas63

Hi All,
I have below doubt regarding my salary and LCA.
When my LCA was originally approved it has some amount (Minimum prevailing wage) mentioned in it, but a year later wages in that areas are revised (every year in July updated ICERT LCA site) and increased but I am getting paid with old LCA rates.

What are the rules around this situation ?Is it mandatory for the employer to pay on latest rates? Or the employer can continue with old salary mentioned in the LCA during filing.And what are the options if employer denies to update the salary with new wages?

OHRoadwarrior

If your contract only specified it would start at a certain rate,and it did, you are being paid fairly. Unless you are a non salary position, correctly categorized, there is no reason the company must give you a raise. That said it appears your employer is required to report your yearly wage in the system as long as you are under an h visa.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">