• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Naturalized Citizen have all the Rights & Privileges as U.S. Born Citizen??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rakym75

I have also posted this (?) another section; I have two parts to this question. One based on Naturalization vs. Native Citizen (born in U.S.). And the other part dealing w/ the 14th Amendment (equal protection of rights & privileges).

First, once a person becomes a Naturalized U.S. citizen (as a minor), isn't he forever a citizen of the United States(unless they apply for something else, of course)? Aren't they protected by the same rights, privileges, and laws as any other citizen (Native or Naturalized)?

So, if for instance the INS were to hold this Naturalized citizen for an extended period of time, because of errors in their records-keeping, then release them once the corrected the mistake. Wouldn't this be a violation of this person's rights? The INS has NO Power to hold a U.S. citizen, nor does it have the power to consider a U.S. citizen for deportation. Is this not correct?

This brings up my second question. If this did take place, as described above. Doesn't this violate the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which gives the right to fair, and indiscriminate protection of rights & privileges. Is the U.S. Government above this statute? Or does this only apply to states?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">