• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug laws in California and other US States

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goxy

I would like to apply first for tourist visa to California and I have one problem as this will be also issue in the US Embassy regarding visa.

I'm charged for providing other drug addict with drugs (it ocurred in the street). I and my friend were heroine users and police caught us. And later, we were charged for providing each other with drugs.

In Serbia, there is difference if you sell drug for money (246th article of criminal law) and if you help (or provide) someone to get drugs like for example as in my case (247th article 1st point) and both are punishable. I didn't have direct drug dealer, so I gave money to my friend because he knews some drug dealer. But he used this money and to buy drugs for him and in that way I was charged for providing him with drugs, and he was charged, too as he bought drug (heroine) for me and therefore he provided me with drug.

247th article says:

1) "Who INSTIGATE other for drug using, and who GIVES him drugs that enjoys he or other person or provides drug users to take drugs in his room (in your house) or in other way provides others with drugs, will be punished from 6 months to 5 years in prison."

2) "If violation of 1st point occured to minor or to many other perons or caused heavy consequences (for example death of drug user), you will be punished from 2 to 10 years in prison."

MY QUESTION IS: I didn't find anything similar in the US law in the internet. So, I don't know if this my crime is punishable in the USA - California? Other States?

If it is punishable, I would appreciate very much that someone gives me web link about that law.

Second question: Does possession of these medicaments without doctors' prescriptions (http://www.ultram.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine) is punishable in California or in other US States?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">