• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ds-230 part 1 and 2 signatures in maiden or married name ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mala

hello -

since i have my PASSPORT IN MAIDEN NAME and the embassy has send me my interview letter in my maiden name (as they will be issuing my visa in maiden name ) as i will be the travelling applicant to the embassy with my maiden name .

BUT the ds-230 i submitted in nvc had my applicant name in my married name

DO i have to mention the SAME applicant NAME as my married name in my application of ds-230 which THE EMBASSY HAS SENT to me or do i have to use my maiden name in the SIGNATURE part of ds forms ??????

previously while submitting to nvc THE DS FORMS WHICH I HAD USED MY MARRIED NAME IN THE SIGNATURES OF DS FORMS used my married name ?

I THINK I HAVE TO FILL THE FORM SAME WAY AS I SENT IT TO NVC , IF I AM WRONG PLS CORRECT ME ,

thanks in advance -
Mala

mala

I RALLY DO UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO BE AS CONSISTENT AND SAME WAY AS I FILLED FORMS FOR THE NVC

BUT THE CONFUSION ONLY CAME COZ I GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER IN MY MAIDEN NAME ,

HOPING TO GET A REPLY AS I WAS FILLING MY FORM NOW :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">