• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dual residency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jp_ker

CO/France.

We are a US/French couple. we would like to live in the US in the winter and in France in the summer. How can we set this up. my wife is permanent resident in france, i have nothing in the states (never been there after marriage). Can a green card helps?
thx

Mrowka

If I understand correctly, you are a French citizen married to a US citizen, and you never applied for a green card here. In that case, your wife should definitely sponsor you for a green card. Otherwise, every time you enter the US, the length of your stay and even the entry itself, will be up to the immigration officer at the airport. With a green card, you will be free to enter and leave as you please, as long as you don't leave the US for more than one year at a time (that could cost you your green card).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">