• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI conviction 01/01/97

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

no1tupguy

I made a big mistake after i graduated college... basically drank too much at a new year's eve party... got caught with DUI on New Year's Day 1997.... i applied for citizenship on 1996... my interview didn't come in till 1999... long story... but INS denied me citizenship because of my lack of moral character... which i know to be only a temporary bar to citizenship... INS has all the paperwork... i've lived in the states for over 21 yrs.. i'm 26 yrs old.... i really want to become a citizen... my record has been clean for the past five years... and in January of 2002 I want to reapply for US citizenship.... I'm just wondering... am i barred from reapplying for citizenship/ waste of money??? or will I be approved??? i graduated college and i even graduated law school... and now i have a good job... if i know i'm going to get denied... i'll just continue with my green card status..... please help .... i just don't want to waste my time with INS....

LegalBeagle

no1tupguy said:
I made a big mistake after i graduated college... basically drank too much at a new year's eve party... got caught with DUI on New Year's Day 1997.... i applied for citizenship on 1996... my interview didn't come in till 1999... long story... but INS denied me citizenship because of my lack of moral character... which i know to be only a temporary bar to citizenship... INS has all the paperwork... i've lived in the states for over 21 yrs.. i'm 26 yrs old.... i really want to become a citizen... my record has been clean for the past five years... and in January of 2002 I want to reapply for US citizenship.... I'm just wondering... am i barred from reapplying for citizenship/ waste of money??? or will I be approved??? i graduated college and i even graduated law school... and now i have a good job... if i know i'm going to get denied... i'll just continue with my green card status..... please help .... i just don't want to waste my time with INS....
If you have a good job and can pay the fee, then you have nothing to lose. Regardless of your chances, you should still try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">