• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV lottery - where?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tanase

What is the name of your state? FL

I am in Florida on an H1B visa (valid until Sept 2009). I received a notice that I had been selected for the 2008 DV lottery visa. I have a very low number and want to apply for this, but I need help in understanding WHERE I can apply - and in how many locations (for the interview).

I am currently in the process of relocating to TN - and transfering my H1B to another company.

1 - should I try for the DV Lottery in TN - or in FL? (I will move to TN very soon and the application for transfer is being prepared now)

2 - CAN I apply for the DV lottery interview in multiple places? In FL and in TN?

3 - is there any advantage to applying for this interview from my home country of Romania?

Thank you in advance for the help.

ImmigAttyLana

No, you can only submit ONE application. You are not YET permitted to file anything anyway so you will need to wait until you can and by that time, if you know exactly where you will be, you can indicate your new address on the application.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Tanase

clarification

I think my description of my situation was not very clear. Please let me try again.

I have already received a notice that I am a DV lottery winner. I have been selected. I am trying to decide WHERE is the best location to try to schedule the interview. I need to return the form they sent to me notifying me that I have been selected (I wrote the wrong year in the previous post - I was selected in the DV 2007 lottery).

I need to return their form and give them a location - where I want the interview to be scheduled.

Can I try to apply for this interview in BOTH the US and in my home country of Romania.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Tanase

I have been selected in the 2008 DV lottery. I still need to return the application for immigrant visa and alien registration

SHORTY LONG

Suggestion, you should thoroughly search this source that says you won; for
sadly to say, many are being taken for their hard earned money and being misled!

ImmigAttyLana

You have just NOW been notified that you were selected in the 2007 lottery? Are you sure? This does not sound right since there are only about 4 months left in that fiscal year and you should have been advised of your selected about a year ago and directed to file the appropriate documents with the office that has jurisdiction over your place of residence when the number you had was current. You CANNOT file in both Romania and in the US. You can only choose one. Had you already submitted all the forms and paid all the fees, since the interview can only be held once all the forms have been submitted and all the fees duly paid.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Shabbir Rahman

Hi,

I came to usa with H1B visa last February and now I live at California, last year I applied for DV and H1B both. Yesterday, I've been informed from my contry (at Bangladesh) that a mail came from Kentucky Consular Center to the near POST OFFICE, may be it's related to DV Lottery. And without my presence, POST OFFICE will not going to deliver that mail to my home. If they didn't find me, then then mail will be returned back to Kentucky ..Center. Can you please tell me what can I do now? How can I change email address at DV office, so that that mail should come to my present address at California. Is that mail really importent, how can I get that content.

Thanks,
Shabbir Rahman

SHORTY LONG

Hi,

I came to usa with H1B visa last February and now I live at California, last year I applied for DV and H1B both. Yesterday, I've been informed from my contry (at Bangladesh) that a mail came from Kentucky Consular Center to the near POST OFFICE, may be it's related to DV Lottery. And without my presence, POST OFFICE will not going to deliver that mail to my home. If they didn't find me, then then mail will be returned back to Kentucky ..Center. Can you please tell me what can I do now? How can I change email address at DV office, so that that mail should come to my present address at California. Is that mail really importent, how can I get that content.

Thanks,
Shabbir Rahman
Shabbir Rahman though your post is basically a new thread, which means you
should have started a new post. However, since it relates to the "Visa lottery" I
will share with you what I share with others. The vast majority of these are FALSE
and misleading; and all of "these impostors care about is wanting to get your money."

Now, about your new address, go to the nearest United States Post Office and file
a change of address. There is no cost to do this, just your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">