• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV2010 Lottery winner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DVwinner

Hi,

We received the notification that we won the DV lottery for the fiscal year 2010. We are already living in the US each of us with our H1B visa, department of labor certifications, just waiting for our date to file for our perm. Per the KCC center if we live in the US we need to adjust our status. The question is when? and where? what do we need to bring?, per KCC the papers should be filed the sooner the better but, I saw online that they are processing right now the DV 2009 winners. We are confused, we looked at the USCIS site but there's no info related with the lottery winners.

Someone knows which are the requirements for the people leaving in the US who won the lottery?

We live in Atlanta, GA

evcalyptos

Hi,

We received the notification that we won the DV lottery for the fiscal year 2010. We are already living in the US each of us with our H1B visa, department of labor certifications, just waiting for our date to file for our perm. Per the KCC center if we live in the US we need to adjust our status. The question is when? and where? what do we need to bring?, per KCC the papers should be filed the sooner the better but, I saw online that they are processing right now the DV 2009 winners. We are confused, we looked at the USCIS site but there's no info related with the lottery winners.

Someone knows which are the requirements for the people leaving in the US who won the lottery?

We live in Atlanta, GA
Congratulations! Didn't you get any instructions with your notification? Are there any derivative family members outside the US who need to immigrate with you?

You will apply for adjustment of status, but you can't do so until your fiscal year begins, Oct 1 2009. You must complete your AOS by Sept 30 2010.
There are several references in these entry instructions: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/T1026V-DV-2010bulletin(3).pdf

You got very early notification, so it may be that they haven't put the instructions for 2009 winners yet.
The first form for AOS is I-485; you can begin to complete it and have it all ready to send in on the magic date.
If you go to uscis.gov and click the 'forms' link at the top of the page, you'll get to the I-485 download page. It clearly shows where DV winners should file.

Keep copies of everything you submit, for your own records, and don't forget the attachments.
You will want to watch the site travel.state.gov for instructions.

evcalyptos

This thread from another winner has some very good information for you. There are consequences to filing from inside the US that you may want to consider that I was unaware of.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7533527

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">