• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer fails to file my Green Card application on time as promised/agreed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkamalk

Hello Sir/Madam,

This is Kamal K, was a resident in Manchester, CT, worked in Enfield, CT from July 2010 till June 2013.

My employer in Enfield, CT could not process the Green Card applications in a timely manner as promised/agreed. I had to come out of the US and going through a high depression (personally, mentally, physically, professionally and financially) because of it.
I entered the US in February 2007 through an employer, joined this employer in July 2010 and was automatically terminated in June 2013 (completed 6 years on H1B visa by then) as Labor Certification was not approved by then which was applied for in February 2013. It was approved in August 2013. I was told that the Green Card application process would be initiated after 6 successful months working for the company but the attorney concerned had hit me hard this way due to her sluggishness.
I don't remember seeing the company's job posting online and received a call for the interview early 2010. I was given an application to be filled manually as soon as I appeared onsite for the interview. I completed bachelors degree of education (16 years) but I circled high school + 4 + 2 years of education on the manual job application (unintentionally, assuming high school as 10 years as in India) but the employer & the attorney considered it as Masters degree of education. My degree from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, India reads Masters of Science in Information Technolgy - Information Systems, unfortunately. It is a 4 year degree program after 10 + 2 years of education.
The job position needed a masters candidate. I was recruited and then later in early 2012 the attorney suggested my Green Card application would be filed under EB2 category as I meet the requirement being the masters degree holder. I alerted her that I am a bachelors degree holder to which HR and attorney were surprised but later agreed to pursue the process in EB3 category and hence this drastic delay that caused a major damage to me.

The Labor certification was approved in August 2013, HR informed me that I 140 would be applied for in October 2013 in normal processing category. I have been waiting for the same hoping to apply for H1 extension through another employer. I would like my employer to expedite the I140 processing by paying $1200 so that I can hope to resume my life and career in the US.
Kindly help me with my awful situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">