• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expedited 131

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnny991949

I am in the 2nd month of the waiting process for my advance parole. I tried to expedite this process through my local office and they told me that the wedding of my son is not a valid reason. I said that I had read and heard where others have been granted expedited because of a wedding. The lady told me to try faxing the office where the 131 is being processed. Anybody have any similar experience or advice? And ... is the office processing the 131 the office where I should fax it or is it the office that sent me the 131 receipt?

Thanks very much,

Edward

ImmigAttyLana

Bottom line is that they will most likely not expedite it for a wedding as this is not an emergency situation. Most weddings are planned more than 3 months prior to the event and it takes about 2-3 months in most cases to obtain the advance parole. Therefore, in their opinion, if you applied for the I-131 too late, this is not something for which they would grant you any expedited service and it is completely within their discretion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">