• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F-1 student unauthorized part time CPT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lili000111

I am an international master student, and I applied for Curricular Practical Training CPT last semester for a 4-month part time job last year. however, I submitted the required materials but did not get the new CPT I-20 issued by the international student office at my school, and I did not know that I needed to get my I-20 changed before starting to work, and people in the international student office did not tell me this issue either. In fact they once told me to email them some missing documents Now I am graduated and trying to apply for an Optional Practical Training OPT, as I found this issue yesterday. I am worrying about that applying for an OPT right now might let the international student office found out my previous violations and revoke my visa, and I prefer working in the States for a period of time before making a decision either go back to my home country or continue staying here. Therefore, I am wondering about if theres any way to retrieve this situation. I had asked some people before coming here asking for help, some suggested me to apply for an OPT with my current I-20 and I think it might be too risky, while the rest of them prefer communicating with the international student office to solve the I-20 issue, since they seem to have responsibility as well. I believe that your answer will be professional and helpful for me, and I am looking forward to your call and discussing some details for this case. Many thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">