• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father of an abused child to save

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

igabc

I am Italian, non-resident, father of a 13 y/o who's currently abused and manipulated and used by his mom against me.
I am still married to this woman but not living together since my son was 8 months. I never lost contact with my son, although it has been a virtual (Internet) relationship.
I returned to the US to rejoin him. His mom and I had an agreement that she broke, once she understood she can not have me back with her.
This woman is what psychiatrists define as Grown Wounded Child. She's causing severe psychological/emotional damage to my son who's already going through big problems in school and in society.
The plan was to come back, spend some time together living in their house till I would have found a job and my own place, which is what happened. The time I spent with them was enough to determine the critical condition my son is living in and also it was enough to find out about the abuses.
In a moment of anger, he clearly told his mom that he's tired of her abuses (bites, smacks, calling him names and lies to set him up against me, etc.). He begged me not to leave him alone with her, not even for the time he spend with her in the car to his way to school in the morning.
She was supposed to sponsor me to let me have the green card but once she understood she can't have me, she decided not to do it anymore.

Of course the immigration will be the first thing, to then make moves for legal custody.

I am willing to stay in America (visa, green card, working permit, etc) to do all I can to take him away from this sicko OR take him away from this country.

Thank you
G

FlyingRon

What makes you think you are eligible for a visa/green card/working permit. A minor child is not the basis of a parent getting immigration status. Your chances without her sponsoring you are slim.

t74

You then need to contact family law and immigration attorneys to discuss your situation in detail.

I would hope that they would encourage you to call child protective services (whatever it is called in the state where he lives) and report the conditions he is living in.

You need to find an H-1B work sponsor to file for you if qualified.

Proserpina

I am Italian, non-resident, father of a 13 y/o who's currently abused and manipulated and used by his mom against me.
I am still married to this woman but not living together since my son was 8 months. I never lost contact with my son, although it has been a virtual (Internet) relationship.
I returned to the US to rejoin him. His mom and I had an agreement that she broke, once she understood she can not have me back with her.
This woman is what psychiatrists define as Grown Wounded Child. She's causing severe psychological/emotional damage to my son who's already going through big problems in school and in society.
The plan was to come back, spend some time together living in their house till I would have found a job and my own place, which is what happened. The time I spent with them was enough to determine the critical condition my son is living in and also it was enough to find out about the abuses.
In a moment of anger, he clearly told his mom that he's tired of her abuses (bites, smacks, calling him names and lies to set him up against me, etc.). He begged me not to leave him alone with her, not even for the time he spend with her in the car to his way to school in the morning.
She was supposed to sponsor me to let me have the green card but once she understood she can't have me, she decided not to do it anymore.

Of course the immigration will be the first thing, to then make moves for legal custody.

I am willing to stay in America (visa, green card, working permit, etc) to do all I can to take him away from this sicko OR take him away from this country.

Thank you
G

The bolded part is not recognized as a psychiatric condition by any reputable agency.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you what I think.

I think your son is playing you. I think he's fed up with Mom, who may or may not be parenting correctly (though still legally) and sees you as a way to go and live where the grass is greener.

There's a question for you, too. If you saw such abuse, why did you not report the abuse?

The immigration part is actually a non-issue unless you can find away to become gainfully employed by a company who will sponsor your residency. Other than that, you have nothing - but that leads us to another question.

You're still married to Mom...why on earth was nothing done before now? Were you here legally? Are you here legally now?

igabc

NOT IN ORDER...

1) My son is not playing me. You don't have enough info to express your opinion, beside, this is not the point.
2) "I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you what I think. I think your son is playing you." - What makes you think that? Your imagination? Bah
3) "If you saw such abuse, why did you not report the abuse?" - To see the child being raped by foster families members who get paid by your country to do so? Wake up and get informed!
4) "You're still married to Mom...why on earth was nothing done before now?" Who said nothing was attempted in the past?

thank you

igabc

Anyway.. A man is not entitled to protect his son. I need a working sponsor to be able to be in the place where my son was born and protect him from a mom? I need the mom to sponsor me to be able to be stay close to my son? I was supposed to give a damn when she told me she was pregnant, since I knew she was the last woman I wanted to have a child with, instead of acting out of sense of responsibility. Disgusting.
Simply disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Anyway.. A man is not entitled to protect his son. I need a working sponsor to be able to be in the place where my son was born and protect him from a mom? I need the mom to sponsor me to be able to be stay close to my son? I was supposed to give a damn when she told me she was pregnant, since I knew she was the last woman I wanted to have a child with, instead of acting out of sense of responsibility. Disgusting.
Simply disgusting.
Yes, your attitude about this IS disgusting. <spit>

LdiJ

Anyway... A man is not entitled to protect his son. I need a working sponsor to be able to be in the place where my son was born and protect him from a mom? I need the mom to sponsor me to be able to be stay close to my son? I was supposed to give a damn when she told me she was pregnant, since I knew she was the last woman I wanted to have a child with, instead of acting out of sense of responsibility. Disgusting.
Simply disgusting.
A US citizen with an Italian citizen child would not be able to live in Italy either without sponsorship of some sort. Italy would not give custody of an Italian citizen child and allow that child to be moved to the US either with as little as you have. Don't blame this on the US, its no different anywhere else.

Proserpina

NOT IN ORDER...

1) My son is not playing me. You don't have enough info to express your opinion, beside, this is not the point.
Are you sure you're not the willful child?

2) "I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you what I think. I think your son is playing you." - What makes you think that? Your imagination? Bah
It would appear that we're a bit more savvy than you realized.

3) "If you saw such abuse, why did you not report the abuse?" - To see the child being raped by foster families members who get paid by your country to do so? Wake up and get informed!
Ah. You ARE the child.

4) "You're still married to Mom...why on earth was nothing done before now?" Who said nothing was attempted in the past?

thank you
Go get your Mom or Dad please.

Proserpina

Anyway...
News flash. I'm an immigrant. I chose to be so, and when I did, I also chose to be governed by the laws of this land.

A man is not entitled to protect his son. I need a working sponsor to be able to be in the place where my son was born and protect him from a mom? I need the mom to sponsor me to be able to be stay close to my son? I was supposed to give a damn when she told me she was pregnant, since I knew she was the last woman I wanted to have a child with, instead of acting out of sense of responsibility. Disgusting.
Simply disgusting.

Well, so far you're 0-2.

Was there anything else?

Please note: Nobody is forcing you to stay in this country. You're free to leave whenever you please. That's assuming you're the grown-up.

t74

OP, you need more legal and psychological assistance than is available on a forum. Please find family law and immigration attorneys and a family counselor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">